What I’ve Learned About Church, Life, and “Everyone”
Here are some thoughts on what I’ve learned about Church, Life and “Everyone”:
- You can’t make “Everyone” happy but “Everyone” wants you to try!
- “Everyone” won’t like you even when you sell out to win “Everyone” over!
- “Everyone” will not support you because not “Everyone” wants you to succeed!
- Not “Everyone” will treat you fairly because “Everyone” has the tendency to look out for their own good and not the good of others!
- “Everyone” will give you an opinion about how you should do things even though not “Everyone’s” opinion can be trusted!
I wrote this blog to ENCOURAGE YOU! That may sound crazy given the negative statements made in these comments about Church, Life, and “Everyone”. But the sooner we realize that we don’t need “Everyone” to do what God has called us to do the better off we’ll be!
When we realize that we weren’t created to make “Everyone” happy but to bring God glory we quickly leave the trap of being a “man-pleaser” rather than a God-pleaser!
When we realize not “Everyone” is going to like us we quit prostituting ourselves to things that offer shallow returns such as man’s acceptance and hollow approval and we rest in the approval God’s given us through Jesus!
When we come to terms with the fact that “Everyone” won’t support our pursuit of God’s call and vision for our life we can come to the revelation that all we need is Jesus, His vision, and a few warriors to surround us!
When we acknowledge that not “Everyone” will treat us fairly we can appreciate even more the unfairness of Jesus’ death on the cross!
And, finally, when we recognize “Everyone” has an opinion but not all opinions can be trusted we will begin to listen only to the voice of God and those trusted few that we know love Jesus, love us, and who genuinely want to see us finish the race well!
I want to say that I love the church God has allowed me to be a part of and I LOVE those He’s surrounded me with! I am so excited to run this race with you all and I truly CAN NOT WAIT to see all that God does in the future! Live for HIM…NOT FOR “EVERYONE”!
SEE YOU SUNDAY!