Something to Celebrate
We REALLY need to celebrate the fact that we were able to baptize 38 people this past Sunday!! That still gets me pumped up thinking about it! The best part is that those 38 individuals made a decision to follow Christ and decided to shout it from the rooftop by being baptized. Remember every number represents a person with a soul that matters to God! I never want us to be enamored by numbers rather than Jesus and what He is doing in our midst. Here are some things we need to remember as we grow as a church:
1. Jesus loves the lost. Read Luke 15 and it’s easy to see the heart of God for those who are separated from Him.
2. We can’t change anyone’s heart. People’s hearts change when the Spirit of God takes them from death to life and are given a new heart.
3. As we grow closer to Jesus we’ll be more desperate for others to know Him. Numbers can excite us and even make us more passionate, but a desire for others to know Christ is only sustained through our own relationship with Jesus. The truth is that you cannot love Jesus more and love others less.
4. God wants the church to grow more than we do. God’s desire is that people would come to know Him, grow up in Him, and glorify Him. We don’t have to force it. We just have to be obedient. Obedience happens when we listen to God and do what He says.
5. We have our own identity. God has given us a specific vision that is not to be compromised. I think of it as in terms of a railway. We must realize that God is putting down the “tracks” we are running on in order to reach His destination for us. In church leadership it is tempting to jump on the tracks someone else is running or has already run because it is easier and many times faster. The problem is that you end up in their destination, not your own. We MUST stay true to the vision God has given us.
I truly believe our best days as a church are ahead of us. There is so much more that God wants to do in us and through us!
Heart and Soul!
P.S. – You DO NOT want to miss this Sunday!