First of all…who said church can’t be fun? I had a blast on Sunday and CAN NOT wait until this Sunday as we open up the new series Jailbreak! (more on that in a minute) Every Sunday I walk into the service and worship with our AMAZING worship team I literally think to myself, “We really get to do this every week!” I’m so thankful that we are able to come to God and worship Him in freedom and in truth. I really do believe the first two words of the Lord’s Prayer, “Our Father”, ought to blow our minds every time we say them!! The fact that we can come to the God of the universe who is holy and call Him FATHER is incredible! This ONLY happens through the righteousness we are given through Jesus!
Second, I want to ask everyone to be begging God to use us to bring people to the knowledge of Jesus and His love for them! Who do you work with, spend time with at the ballpark, or are around in some other capacity that is far from God. Pray à Investà Invite! Pray for them and ask God to move in their lives. Invest in them to show them the love of God. Invite them to church and a relationship with Jesus!
Finally, I am truly PUMPED about this Jailbreak series starting up this Sunday! I truly believe that this will be THE MOST IMPACTFUL series we’ve ever done! I am begging God to do great work in our lives and set us free from our personal prisons as we make a Jailbreak!! It may change someone’s life!! Through this series we are going to be looking at the topics that I spoke on Sunday. Now, I know that I’m the only one that deals with any of them (I suck remember!). But here they are again in case you were sleeping:
- Mediocrity/Complacency – Mediocrity/Complacency exist because we have what we want and don’t perceive getting more worth the cost or effort it would require.
- Fear/Insecurity – Fear/Insecurity exist because we aren’t sure we’ll get what we want.
- Selfishness – Selfishness exists because we don’t know if we can get enough of what we want.
- Bitterness/Unforgiveness – Bitterness/Unforgiveness exist because we feel we got what we didn’t deserve and now we perceive a debt that must be repaid.
- Condemnation – Condemnation exists because we can’t rest in the finality of Jesus taking what we deserve on the cross.
Remember…pray…invest…invite. Let’s get people far from God to church to hear the gospel! God’s people reach people!!