Here are a few things that are on my heart for our church:
- First, the service Sunday was absolutely incredible! It was so good to sit and be ministered to through incredible worship and a great message. I absolutely loved the church as I saw it from the standpoint of someone walking in for their weekly worship experience rather than seeing it as “the preacher”!
- Second…simply put, Billy Shiver KILLED IT! What a great message! Remember it’s not just about doing all the right things we need to know Jesus and allow Him to transform our lives by giving us a new heart! Don’t waste the opportunity to know Jesus because you’ve settled for knowing about Him! You and I have the opportunity to fellowship with the God of the universe! Let’s take advantage of that!!
- This coming Sunday we will be looking at Jesus’ statement that I AM the resurrection and the life! Anytime you talk about people going from death to life I get PUMPED! That is exactly what Jesus tells us He is in this statement! CAN NOT WAIT!!
- I also want to give you a heads-up on Sunday, November 20! (Not this coming Sunday but the next) On that Sunday we will be looking at the most controversial statement that Jesus ever made! I promise YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!! We all need to be able to answer the questions that arise from this statement and my prayer is that when you walk out on the 20th that will be exactly what you are able to do! I’m not going to tell you the statement but if you want to know just read ahead and find the next I AM statement!
- I am really looking forward to starting a series on marriage and relationships on December 4th! The name of the series is Marital Arts. Everyone (I said EVERYONE) needs help in their marriage and relationships! Because this is an area that we all need help it is a great opportunity to invite someone who doesn’t go to church. We are going to have a lot of fun but we are also going to be challenged in how we approach marriage and what God intended the marriage covenant to be!
- Finally, if you haven’t read the blog post on the vision of the church called Focus! Focus! Focus! Please check it out! If you haven’t read it…PLEASE Read It. Take time to learn it and then help us apply it! We have to realize that since the beginning of time God has always given a man or woman a vision for how He wants to advance the Kingdom (Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Deborah…just to name a few) and He always calls people to the vision to carry it out! You and I are no different! If you have been called to Connection Church you have not been called to a man, a building, or a philosophy! You’ve been called to a vision. Habakkuk 2:2 tells us, “Write the vision and make it plain so that he who reads it may run with it.” That is what Focus! Focus! Focus! is all about. Let’s read it, learn it, and apply it!
That’s all for now! Love you guys! Remember…Invest…Invite…Serve…Encourage!