Here are a few thoughts I’ve had over the last week or so…
- I’m so amazed at how God works through us despite us! It is incredible how God can take imperfect people and, by the power of His Holy Spirit, use them to draw others to Himself! I REALLY want those of you who are Connectors and those who are investing, inviting, serving, and encouraging to realize how God is using you to impact His Kingdom and people’s lives for eternity! It doesn’t get any better than knowing your life is being used to bring other people to life!
- I don’t want us to ever take for granted what we’ve been able to be a part of over the last 2.5 years! I know not everyone has been around Connection the entire time but if you’ve been around for a week or two you’ve been part of God moving and changing people’s lives. We WILL ALWAYS CELEBRATE life change brought by the work of God! And we WILL NEVER allow ourselves to think that it is something we are doing! It is ALL GOD! It’s all for HIS GLORY! We are just privileged to have a part in His work!
- Tagging onto the last thought…we saw seven more people make a decision to trust in Jesus for their salvation this past Sunday! If I ever get tired of that check my pulse! If you find one shoot me because something is bad wrong! This IS why we EXIST! To be used by God to take people from death to life and from darkness to light! I truly pray and beg God that we NEVER stop seeing Him move in the hearts of those far from God!
- In the GATA series we talked a lot about always responding to God’s prompting and never thinking that just being prompted is enough. We are called to pray and obey…not to pray and stay! I want to encourage you to continue taking your next step of faith as God prompts you. Maybe for you it is finally taking the step to trust Jesus for your salvation or to make a public profession of that faith and trust by being baptized as a believer and follower of Jesus. It might be that you are being prompted to join a Connect Group (Our small groups) or to step up as a Connector. (Connectors are the people who wear the blue and orange shirts. They serve in Konnection Kids, parking, greeting, ushers, next steps, information, set-up, tear-down…LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY). For you it may be that trusting God with your money through bringing your tithes and offerings to Him is your next step! Whatever it is TAKE IT! All journeys require you to take one step after the next! Our faith journey is no different.
- Finally, I am really looking forward to this Sunday as we look at the third I AM statement of Jesus…I AM the Gate…I can’t wait to see you there and ask you to join me in praying that this week LOTS of people would make the decision to enter through the only gate that leads us to God!