5 Things We Need To Celebrate!
Acts 2:11 says that people from different nations heard the disciples “declaring the wonders of God”. As a church, I never want us to stop declaring His wonder and all of the great things He is doing in us and around us. Here are some things we really need to celebrate:
1. This past Sunday we saw 5people go from death to life as they came to faith in Jesus as their Savior. We’ve seen 9 total for 2013. These are people we talk to and confirm their decision. It’s not just hands that were raised but truly decisions that were made. We can’t take for granted the miracles of salvation that God is doing in our midst.
2. Since January 13th we’ve had 99 people sign up to be in a Connect Group! We know incredible, life change happens when we get people in small groups that are focused on connecting with Jesus and loving each other. If you are interested in joining a Connect Group (Our small groups) click here. We’d love to get you signed up!
3. Through the first 3 Sundays of 2013 we’ve averaged 127 kids! We are already looking for other rooms to use for Konnection Kids. What a great problem to have!
4. This week we started planning our next baptisms. They are going to be on February 24th at Splash in the Boro immediately following the service. We are going to have food so don’t worry about lunch. I can’t wait to see who God leads to take their next step through baptism.
5. Finally, this Sunday we will be dedicating 15 babies in a special baby dedication service that afternoon. It’s going to be awesome to celebrate the lives of these little ones, as well as to accept the responsibility, as parents and the church, of raising them to know the Lord and training them to follow Him.
God is doing so much around us! Let’s not take it for granted. Let’s keep asking Him to move in people’s hearts in a way that only He can. I truly believe in my heart that our best days are ahead, and that God has extraordinary things for us to accomplish together!
Heart and Soul