I told you last week I don’t want to waste another opportunity to celebrate all that God is doing in our church. Here are six things that we REALLY need to celebrate this week!
1. This week we again saw people go from death to life by accepting Christ as their Savior and Lord. It was wild as we started going through our prayer request and tear-offs and seeing how people were responding to the Gospel. So much fun being a part of what God is doing right now. I truly believe that our best days are in front of us!
2. This past Sunday we had a record attendance of 985. A lot of people wouldn’t celebrate that and would say, “It’s not about the numbers.” I have to disagree because every number represents ONE person, who has a soul and will spend eternity somewhere! It’s not about the numbers until that ONE person is your mom, dad, brother, sister, etc. Then the number matters! Remember, the seats don’t just fill themselves. Who are you inviting this Sunday?
3. I am so excited about our Wednesday after school Konnection Kids ministry. Last Wednesday my oldest son, Dake, told me not only what the message was from that day but remembered and explained the message was from the previous Wednesday! When a 10-year old can remember the message like that someone is doing a good job communicating it! Hmmm…maybe they should preach on Sunday!
4. Over the last 2 weeks we’ve averaged over 50 youth at 212 on Wednesday nights. I love to hear the messages that our Youth Pastor, Jon Irvan, is teaching our teenagers. I CAN NOT wait to see how they impact their schools for the Kingdom of God!
5. We are already having people signing up for the baptisms on February 24th. We will be doing the baptisms at Splash in the Boro immediately after the service. It is going an awesome day of celebration as we watch people publicly profess their faith in Jesus!
6. Ok this one is a little different. I want us to celebrate what we celebrate! It’s so cool to see the things you guys celebrate at church, on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I love how you celebrate when people make a decision to accept Christ, things going on in your Connect Groups, people who are taking their Next Steps…the list could go on and on. I want to celebrate that because it shows me that we, as a group of people pursuing Jesus together, know what matters!
For the rest of this week let’s GATA! (Get After Them Aggressively…that’s our church version!) Who are you investing in? Who are you inviting Sunday? How are you serving others to show the glory of Christ? Who are you encouraging in their walk with Jesus?
Invest…Invite…Serve…Encourage! Let’s Go!
Heart and Soul!