10 Questions Every Leader Should Ask!
Here are 10 questions every leader should ask!
- Do I take my leadership seriously? ALL people are leading someone somewhere. You may not see yourself as a leader but without a doubt you ARE leading someone somewhere. The question is who are you leading and where are you taking them? Bosses, owners, husbands, wives, mom, dad, friend, brother, sister…where are you leading those who are looking to you?
- Could you substitute the word “SERVE” for “LEAD” in the way you deal with those who are looking to you for leadership?
- Do we care more about the DEVELOPMENT of the people we lead or the AGENDA we feel we need to accomplish?
- Does the end goal of our vision produce people EMPOWERED to change the world or PAWNS ON OUR PERSONAL CHESSBOARD?
- Do we actually give a CRAP about the people we are leading? REALLY?
- Are we driven by our own SUCCESS or the desire to SEE OTHERS SUCCEED?
- When others make mistakes do we see it as an OPPORTUNITY to help them grow or as a BLEMISH on our own record and ego?
- When you make a mistake do you immediately OWN IT or do you look for AN EXCUSE or scapegoat?
- Where are you going? We CAN’T LEAD people somewhere we’re NOT GOING OURSELVES!
- Who are you following? The EFFECTIVENESS of our leadership in directly DEPENDENT upon who we are FOLLOWING!
Bonus for those in ministry:
- Do you see those you serve with as a MEANS TO DO MINISTRY OR AS YOUR MINISTRY?
- Are you MODELING the CULTURE OF CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY you say you are called to create?